About this Role
PAC-MAN to Tekken, Tamagotchi to Dark Souls, we are a games company steeped in history and Bandai Namco Mobile is the exciting new pillar of the Bandai Namco Group’s mobile strategy, to grow from the #5 global mobile publisher to #1!
We offer a truly flat structure, full role autonomy, and the creative freedom of a start-up, whilst still having the legacy, resources, and stability of Bandai Namco, a global gaming powerhouse. Our goal in Barcelona is to enrich Bandai Namco’s list of successful IPs by creating original and innovative mobile games.
Everybody in our development team is first and foremost, a Game Maker and you will be no different. You will be working in small teams to rapidly design, prototype, and iterate game ideas from yourself and the team, so although a master of your own discipline, you will still have a huge voice when it comes to concepting and designing Games at Bandai Namco Mobile.
We are now searching for a Principal Artist, with experience shipping mobile games.
In the role, you will be responsible for guiding the art direction for our upcoming new IPs. Crafting distinctive art style guides to set the long-term visual direction for the project, as well as working as a hands-on artist, helping shape our prototypes. We are still in the early stages of our games, so a keen interest in creating universes during ideation and prototyping is essential.
- 8+ years experience in Video Game Art, with experience in Mobile.
- Experience as a Principal Artist/Art Director or equivalent role, from pre-production through to launch.
- Mastery of art fundamentals
- Excellent Character and Environment design skills
- Knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques
- Concept art creation and the ability to align the team on a unique vision
- Hands-on experience with game engines
- Experience creating UI Assets and textures, modeling, or animation
- An understanding of 3D and Mobile Game Development requirements