About this Role
PAC-MAN to Tekken, Tamagotchi to Dark Souls, we are a games company steeped in history and BANDAI NAMCO Mobile is the exciting new pillar of the BANDAI NAMCO Group’s mobile strategy, to grow from the #5 global mobile publisher to #1!
We offer a truly flat structure, full role autonomy, and the creative freedom of a start- up, whilst still having the legacy, resources and stability of BANDAI NAMCO, a global gaming powerhouse. Our goal in Barcelona is to enrich BANDAI NAMCO's list of successful IP's by creating original and innovative mobile games.
Everybody in our development team is first and foremost, a Game Maker and you will be no different. You will be working in small teams to rapidly design, prototype, and iterate game ideas from yourself and the team, so although a master of your own discipline, you will still have a huge voice when it comes to concepting and designing Games at Bandai Namco Mobile.
Principal Unity Artist
We are searching for a versatile, experienced Principal Artist, with strong Unity experience to reinforce our development teams, from the pitching and prototype stages, through development to launch.
In this role, you will be rapidly prototyping multiple projects at early-stage development, by building and implementing 3D and 2D/UI game assets in Unity, as well as setting up environment art, ultimately being responsible for establishing a cohesive art experience that enhances core gameplay for our new games.
As a member of a small art team, you will showcase your talent for generating innovative ideas, adeptly solving problems, and providing your artistic eye across multiple projects here in the studio. If you are an agile and adaptable Artist, that wishes to be involved in all areas of art production, then keep reading!
- 8+ Years as a Video Game Artist, with 2+ shipped mobile titles.
- 3+ years working in Unity
- Deep understanding of the Unity editor: scenes, prefabs, Cinemachine, Timeline, animation controller, etc.
- Experience in early-stage game development/prototyping
- Extensive knowledge of the 3D art pipeline and ability to assemble art assets into polished release-ready content in Unity.
- Proactive and resolutive attitude and will to learn new skills.
- An Art Portfolio/Reel that is attached to your application
- Specialization in specific steps of the 3D content pipeline (i.e. modeling, rigging, animation, UV texturing)
- Creation, edition, and optimization of VFX in Unity
- Experience working with Shader Graph
- Able to create previsualization and mockups for game mechanics and features.
- Optimization of 3D and 2D assets for memory, performance, and general bug-fixing considerations
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Participation in Game Jams