About this Role
PAC-MAN to Tekken, Tamagotchi to Dark Souls, we are a games company steeped in history and BANDAI NAMCO Mobile is the exciting new pillar of the BANDAI NAMCO Group’s mobile strategy, to grow from the #5 global mobile publisher to #1!
We offer a truly flat structure, full role autonomy, and the creative freedom of a start-up, whilst still having the legacy, resources, and stability of BANDAI NAMCO, a global gaming powerhouse. Our goal in Barcelona is to enrich BANDAI NAMCO's list of successful IPs by creating original and innovative mobile games.
Everybody in our development team is first and foremost, a Game Maker and you will be no different. You will be working in small teams to rapidly design, prototype, and iterate game ideas from yourself and the team, so although a master of your discipline, you will still have a huge voice when it comes to conceiving and designing Games at Bandai Namco Mobile.
Principal Game Developer
We are searching for a hands-on Game Developer to play a pivotal role in crafting new Mobile game experiences here in Barcelona, from prototype stage to global release and live ops.
As a Game Developer here at Bandai Namco Mobile, you will be responsible for writing high-quality code that is clean and robust to create amazing gameplay experiences for our players, whilst also ensuring the performance and stability of the game throughout.
Most of our developers are generalists, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple areas of development, from Gameplay, AI, Systems, Graphics, Networking, and Meta-Game. With the rest of the team, you will have the autonomy to decide how you can make the biggest impact on our games.
- 6+ years of experience as a Game Programmer and at least one mobile F2P title launched/live.
- Passion for making and playing games across different genres.
- Experience with rapid prototyping, iterative game development, and delivering full games.
- Strong technical design and code skills, preferably in C# with Unity, though strong C++ experience is acceptable.
- Extensive experience in different areas of game development with a focus on gameplay complemented by other areas such as multiplayer, AI, rendering, UI, or FX.
- A proactive and productive, self-management approach to Game development.
- Shipped several successful games in Senior roles.
- Participation in game jams and personal projects.